I stole this from Legends Of Windemere, under cover of darkness and using a diabolical plan involving those crossbows that shoot grappling hooks and little boxes with flashing lights that get wired into the alarm system. Trust me, it was really clever and exciting.
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
Cannibal Hearts. It the second novel in The Book Of Lost Doors series.
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Already done that: Here
3. How many words are you into it?
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
I’m scared of setting myself hard goals, I tend to panic and freeze. So whatever I get done is good.
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
By August 2013.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
A gun fired, but I wasn’t there, I was across the room and driving stiffened fingers into another man’s eyes and into his brain, more bullets chattering across the room, deafening me, but Catskinner didn’t care about sound, didn’t care what anyone might be saying, the death dance was on him and he broke a chair with my hands used the legs to pin another man to the wall, and oh, the blood, so much blood, bodies hitting the ground, one and two and three and four, I could feel Catskinner’s joy at doing what he was built for.
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
It’s #2 of the series.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Keeping the cosmology consistent with the first book.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Expanding the world from the first book.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
If I get it done in time, “Pacific Rim” at the Five Star Lounge.
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!