For a thumbnail analysis, this is a pretty good formula.
I was just reading Seth Rakes blog post about ebook pricing here: http://sethrakes.com/indie-e-book-pricing/
And I wondered if I could come up with a mathematical formula for how to price your ebook. So here it is:
Start off with $1 as your price.
Choose one of the following, based on your book length:
– Less than 50,000 words, multiply by 1;
– More than 50,000 words, multiply by 3.
Choose one of the following, based on your fame:
– No-one knows me, or I have a tight knit group of fans, multiply by 1;
– Thousands of people buy my books, multiply by 2;
– I’m a household name, multiply by 3.
Choose one of the following, based on your quality:
– I know my book has typos, but it’s the story that matter, multiply by 0.5;
– I’ve gone through more rounds of editing than I can count, multiply by…
View original post 86 more words