Nina Kaytel has nominated me for a blog award, and while I don’t ordinarily post the blog award graphic or nominate other bloggers, she’s asked some interesting questions and I want to answer them.
Nina, for those who don’t know her, is a young writer with a fresh voice, very visual and immediate. By her own admission she is inspired by movies and video games more than classical “literature” and this comes across in her work. I recommend checking out her blog and the samples that she has posted.
The questions that she asked:
1. If you had one wish to gain any talent what would it be and why?
I would wish for musical talent. I love music very much, but as much as I have tried I have never managed to be able to make it–there is a connection between what my hands are doing and the sound that comes out that I just can’t seem to make. It’s the one thing that I have really wanted to do that I haven’t been able to.
2. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
I do believe that human beings leave traces of themselves in places where they have lived and died, and that under certain circumstances those traces can influence both the physical world and the psyches of living people. I do not believe that these traces are the souls of the dead, I believe that those move on.
3. What have you learned blogging?
If I’m honest about what I think and feel I will connect to other people. We are all human and we all have things in common.
4. If you could live in any fictional world what would it be? Why?
The Flat Earth of Tanith Lee’s “Night’s Master” series. It’s a good mix of comfort and adventure, and full of beautiful supernatural creatures who like to have sex with humans.
5. If you could say anything to one Ex what would it be?
Honestly, I think I’ve said everything that needs saying.
6. If you could have one mythical creature as a pet what would it be and why?
A brownie. I would love to have a creature who does housework.
7. What is your favorite book? Why?
One favorite book? That’s tough… I’ll say Samuel Delany’s Nova. I have reread that one countless times, and I never get tired of it.
8. What would your last meal be?
Country fried steak, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, fried apples, coffee with a shot of Bailey’s, and cheesecake.
9. Did you make a News Years resolution? What is it?
I have made the same resolution for several years, and that is to never be ashamed of my race, gender, or species.
10. Are you sticking to the resolution?
Thank you, Nina!