The Story So Far
- The Paths of Cormanor Reminder, Robert E. Howard Art Chronology, More Julian Hawthorne, and Open Submissions!
- Married… with Adventure!
- Blacktop Wasteland
- That Summer’s Evening Long Ago
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers Deadline Extended
- Invitation To A Duet
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers
- Mongoose and Meerkat Audiobook Live!
- Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer Audio Book Out Now!
- Wylding Hall
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @MadJorgen @NotJohnDaker @cirsova I have no Nazis in mine, either, but I do have militant Jovian Moon Separatists. 46 minutes ago
- @UnrighteousD @SunglassPri That really is one of the most brilliantly written scenes in SF, and I doubt that anyone… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Do you have what it takes to be a @cirsova author? Now is the time to find out! twitter.com/cirsova/status… 1 hour ago
- @scaredystopian1 @GPrime85 I mean, I know that AZT was an early anti-retroviral drug and that releasing it for AIDS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @scaredystopian1 @GPrime85 What was AZT? 1 hour ago
Category Archives: Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts
This book was written by Oren Litwin, who is the publisher of Lagrange Books. Lagrange Books is the publisher of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts, and also several anthologies that feature my stories. Having admitted that connection between us, let … Continue reading
When I was putting together the stories that comprise Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts I wanted to include some kind of supplemental material from the world of Dracoheim. It seemed to fit the feel of the work, like the map … Continue reading
I have been thinking a lot about Fantasy, and specifically about fantastic settings–settings in which the fantastic elements are integral to the world. And frankly, I’m not interested in writing stories set in some vaguely Central European kingdom in the … Continue reading
At long last Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts is out in paperback. The Kindle edition has been uploaded and should be available in a few days. It’s been an interesting process. Generally when I write the pieces all either come … Continue reading
Coming soon from Lagrange Books.
August is always a time for introspection for me, due to the whole birthday thing. So I have been taking stock of where I am, where I’ve come from, and where I am going. No real conclusions, as yet, except … Continue reading
It’s hard to fight wizards and demons when all you have is a gun and a badge. The use of magic in the Sovereign City of Dracoheim is regulated by the Lord Mayor’s Committee For Public Safety. From the licensing … Continue reading
I just typed “The End” on the last page of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts. It’s just shy of 67,000 words. I have profoundly mixed feelings about this novel. On the one hand some of it is the best work … Continue reading
Okay, so I am closing on 40,000 words of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts and I’d really like to get some feedback on the story so far–what works, what doesn’t, how the pacing feels, is the worldbuilding consistent, are the characters … Continue reading