The Story So Far
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
- A Few Words With Venger Satanis
- SFWA is a Terrorist Organization
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @kaijubushi I grew up here https://t.co/Z9wXiWQVLn 9 hours ago
- "He had forged the blade in fear, fear for his lady love and her backbreaking load of nightmares, fear of the day w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- "I wouldn't go back to the old days when magic was a dark art done by robed wizards on lonely hilltops, even if it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- https://t.co/hnyNaTj78A 23 hours ago
- @sathananas Because you're not "doing it right." As you've pointed out elsewhere, the TW idea of being a lesbian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
Category Archives: Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts
This book was written by Oren Litwin, who is the publisher of Lagrange Books. Lagrange Books is the publisher of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts, and also several anthologies that feature my stories. Having admitted that connection between us, let … Continue reading
When I was putting together the stories that comprise Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts I wanted to include some kind of supplemental material from the world of Dracoheim. It seemed to fit the feel of the work, like the map … Continue reading
I have been thinking a lot about Fantasy, and specifically about fantastic settings–settings in which the fantastic elements are integral to the world. And frankly, I’m not interested in writing stories set in some vaguely Central European kingdom in the … Continue reading
At long last Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts is out in paperback. The Kindle edition has been uploaded and should be available in a few days. It’s been an interesting process. Generally when I write the pieces all either come … Continue reading
Coming soon from Lagrange Books.
August is always a time for introspection for me, due to the whole birthday thing. So I have been taking stock of where I am, where I’ve come from, and where I am going. No real conclusions, as yet, except … Continue reading
It’s hard to fight wizards and demons when all you have is a gun and a badge. The use of magic in the Sovereign City of Dracoheim is regulated by the Lord Mayor’s Committee For Public Safety. From the licensing … Continue reading
I just typed “The End” on the last page of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts. It’s just shy of 67,000 words. I have profoundly mixed feelings about this novel. On the one hand some of it is the best work … Continue reading
Okay, so I am closing on 40,000 words of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts and I’d really like to get some feedback on the story so far–what works, what doesn’t, how the pacing feels, is the worldbuilding consistent, are the characters … Continue reading