The Story So Far
- Lab Day
- Taking Advertising for Winter and 2021!
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- Who is your greatest influence? — Tim Powers. curiouscat.qa/MishaBurnett/p… 2 hours ago
- @Emily30Red It's a John Carpenter film, so it's amazing. imdb.com/title/tt009377… 3 hours ago
- @Emily30Red Prince Of Darkness. 3 hours ago
- @AHelleneAuthor How about Space Colonies require getting, say, 5-10 thousand people to all agree to go together and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- I'm just going to throw this out there. https://t.co/TV7gmmhyD8 3 hours ago
Category Archives: On Writing
I am in a new collection. The ebook has just gone live, the paperback should be coming soon. As the cover implies, this is the second volume in a series. The editors got so many quality submissions that they decided … Continue reading
To make it very clear, I am talking about the Audiobook in this review, and not the Graphic Novel project with the same name. Given that they use the same cover art, I am guessing that they are the same … Continue reading
The Kickstarter for my latest short fiction collection, Endless Summer, is now live. Now, I’ve gone on record in this blog as saying that I am not a Science Fiction writer. So what does it mean that this collection is … Continue reading
At last it can be told..! Cirsova made the official announcement today, so I can finally talk freely about my latest project. This is a collection of my Science Fiction short stories. It includes work I’ve published over the last … Continue reading
This book was written by Oren Litwin, who is the publisher of Lagrange Books. Lagrange Books is the publisher of Bad Dreams & Broken Hearts, and also several anthologies that feature my stories. Having admitted that connection between us, let … Continue reading
I love it when a plan comes together! Yes, I do have a plan, although it may not be evident from my publishing schedule. Ever since I realized that short fiction is the ideal medium for me, I have been … Continue reading
A reminder that the collection of essays that Cheah Kit Sun and I are putting together is open for submissions. I don’t know that Pulp On Pulp will be its title when it comes time to publish it–I just needed … Continue reading
There are, I believe, certain objective standards of craftsmanship in art. A drawing can be, objectively well or poorly rendered, a musical phrase can be well or poorly played. A passage of prose can be well or poorly written. However, … Continue reading
A day after I posted the Call For Essays: Pulp On Pulp I have already received one essay and queries on three others. All of them fit the theme of the collection–maybe I’m getting better at writing submission guidelines. One … Continue reading