The Story So Far
- Lab Day
- Taking Advertising for Winter and 2021!
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- Who is your greatest influence? — Tim Powers. curiouscat.qa/MishaBurnett/p… 2 hours ago
- @Emily30Red It's a John Carpenter film, so it's amazing. imdb.com/title/tt009377… 3 hours ago
- @Emily30Red Prince Of Darkness. 3 hours ago
- @AHelleneAuthor How about Space Colonies require getting, say, 5-10 thousand people to all agree to go together and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- I'm just going to throw this out there. https://t.co/TV7gmmhyD8 3 hours ago
Tag Archives: Book Of Lost Doors
I have been thinking long and hard about my writing career of late, and I have come to two important conclusions. Being a self-published author is not a writing job, it is a sales job. Having good books to sell … Continue reading
On June 20th of this year I released Gingerbread Wolves, the fourth novel in my series, The Book Of Lost Doors. Some time after I released it I realized that it was also the last book in the series. I … Continue reading
I’ve been feeling a little lost in my writing life without a novel project to work on–yes, I know I had Tsarina, but that’s back on hiatus. There’s still no there, there–I have all the trappings of a story, and … Continue reading
Just about four years ago I started writing Catskinner’s Book. I didn’t have any real plan when I started it. I had a narrator and his shadow self, and a desire to play around with some of the ideas that … Continue reading
This week, starting today August 6th, through next Thursday, August 13th, all four volumes of my series The Book Of Lost Doors will be on sale for 99 cents each. Please help me spread the word!
My birthday is August 9th, and so I am running a promotion this week, from Thursday the 6th to Thursday the 13th. I’ll be posting the official promo, with the proper links installed, on Thursday, but I wanted to share … Continue reading
Those of you who have been following this blog for a while know that I have a rather uncomfortable relationship with the concept of genre. On the one hand, I really, really don’t like it, on the other hand, I … Continue reading
“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.” C. S. Lewis The Screwtape Letters This is a followup to this morning’s post on moral peril in fiction. … Continue reading
I have decided to run a promotion for my birthday, so all four of my novels in e-book will drop to 99 cents for the week of August 6th thru 13th, 2015. That gives me better than a month to … Continue reading
I now have two out of three formats available for Gingerbread Wolves—the Create Space version has been added to the Amazon sales page, so that people who want the trade paperback can order it that way. I have my own … Continue reading