The Story So Far
- Lab Day
- Taking Advertising for Winter and 2021!
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- Who is your greatest influence? — Tim Powers. curiouscat.qa/MishaBurnett/p… 2 hours ago
- @Emily30Red It's a John Carpenter film, so it's amazing. imdb.com/title/tt009377… 2 hours ago
- @Emily30Red Prince Of Darkness. 2 hours ago
- @AHelleneAuthor How about Space Colonies require getting, say, 5-10 thousand people to all agree to go together and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- I'm just going to throw this out there. https://t.co/TV7gmmhyD8 2 hours ago
Tag Archives: crowdfunding
When are people going to learn? I try to avoid posting on current events in this blog unless there is a clear connection to the business of writing and publishing fiction. However, the latest FaceBook outrage has made me very … Continue reading
Okay. So the Solar Freakin’ Roadway video has been making the rounds for a while now, on Facebook and Twitter and such. I watched it and I got a good chuckle out of it. It’s in the style of videos … Continue reading
It’s amazing what you stumble across on Twitter. I wrote a tweet about Tim Powers, because I am reading The Bible Repairman and found out that Tim Powers feels the same way about Edna St. Vincent Millay that I do. … Continue reading
There is a famous quote, sometimes attributed to P T Barnum, that reads, “There’s a sucker born every minute.” Many sources leave it there, but others add the codicil, “…and two to reel him in.” I like the expanded version. … Continue reading
As I said last night, I have some lifestyle related challenges to my creative process, and so I am considering playing around with some new techniques to inspire me. One thing that I have done a couple of times is … Continue reading
Today I went to Circus Flora’s 2013 show, A Trip To The Moon. I’ve blogged about Circus Flora before, I think it’s a magnificent troupe and I strongly urge anyone who can to see the show and to support the troupe. … Continue reading
Amazon’s recent announcement of the launch of Kindle Worlds has generated a lot of buzz, much of it hyperbolic verging on the eschatological, which is par for the course for Amazon. My understanding of the program, which I will admit is not informed by legal counsel, is … Continue reading
Okay, keep in mind that I have just worked two ten hour days digging the campus out from under five inches of snow, and I’m tired. Probably too tired to be posting about a project that I want to do, … Continue reading
I’ve had kind of rough week, health-wise, a sinus issue that has left me tired and achy and out of sorts, and has cut my productivity. The famous schizo-effective Saint Louis weather hasn’t helped. (Monday: sunny and fair, Tuesday: blizzard, … Continue reading