The Story So Far
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
- A Few Words With Venger Satanis
- SFWA is a Terrorist Organization
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @kaijubushi I grew up here https://t.co/Z9wXiWQVLn 8 hours ago
- "He had forged the blade in fear, fear for his lady love and her backbreaking load of nightmares, fear of the day w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- "I wouldn't go back to the old days when magic was a dark art done by robed wizards on lonely hilltops, even if it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- https://t.co/hnyNaTj78A 22 hours ago
- @sathananas Because you're not "doing it right." As you've pointed out elsewhere, the TW idea of being a lesbian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
Tag Archives: drama
I spent a long time trying to come up with a snappy phrase for the literary concept I want to discuss. My first idea was to call it Point Of Observation, as a corollary to Point Of View, then I … Continue reading
This month I have been trying something new, a kind of a hybrid of NaNoWriMo and Inktober. Every day I open a new document and just write whatever comes out. The idea is to create something–a scene, a character, a … Continue reading
Recently two posts over on The Emporer’s Notepad, one on Deep POV and one on 1st Person Narrators, helped clarify some thoughts of my own. Fiction is a conversation between people who don’t exist. I’m not talking about quoted dialogue between … Continue reading
I am going to make a completely unreasonable suggestion to the content creators who read this blog and I would like you to seriously consider it. I am going to try an experiment for one year, from August of 2018 … Continue reading
This will be a thematic review of the Marvel Studio’s film Ant-Man And The Wasp. First I am going to make some general comments, but everything below the “read more” link will contain spoilers. Although I usually try to make … Continue reading
This is going to be my review of the film Ocean’s 8, and I will make it spoiler-free because I am directing this review specifically at people who haven’t seen the film. If you’ve decided not to see it, I … Continue reading
I have written before about going on a date as an analogy for writing (perhaps because my success rate for both is near-zero, but let’s not dwell on that.) My point is that a work of fiction is there to … Continue reading
Okay, this will be a critique of the film Avengers: Infinity Wars. There will be spoilers. If you have not seen the film and intend to, read no further. Spoilers beyond this point.
On Sunday I attended the matinee of this year’s Circus Flora performance. I have mentioned before in this blog how much I love having a traditional small circus based in my home town. I strongly urge anyone who can arrange … Continue reading