The Story So Far
- Cirsova Ends 2021 in the Black!
- Buy Cirsova!
- Ignore The Puppy
- Meat & Potatoes Fiction
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers
- Pitching a collection of short fiction to a small press
- Submissions are Closed!
- The Paths of Cormanor Reminder, Robert E. Howard Art Chronology, More Julian Hawthorne, and Open Submissions!
- Married… with Adventure!
- Blacktop Wasteland
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @buster_shepard @BrianNiemeier Illinois is just a pale imitation of Missouri. 5 hours ago
- TRAK TRAK TRAK https://t.co/nyqy6zg1Rg 5 hours ago
- @MelonieMac The fact is that many men hate the casual cruelty of "banter" as much as women do, but we know we can't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- @fliceverett youtube.com/watch?v=ZwbEuz… 6 hours ago
- @cirsova @NotJohnDaker @NotJohnDaker just keeps getting more and more awesome. Pretty soon he won't be willing to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
Tag Archives: Humor
Last night, on Roll20, I was part of another one-shot playtest of Venger Satanis‘ Crimson Dragon Slayer system. This one got… weird. Now that, in itself, was not unexpected, but the way in which it got weird was interesting. There … Continue reading
Last night, on Roll20, I was part of a one-shot playtest of Venger Satanis‘ Crimson Dragon Slayer system. CDS is a “rules light OSR game ruleset”–but that description doesn’t do it justice. Think back to playing with toys as a … Continue reading
Okay, this will be a critique of the film Avengers: Infinity Wars. There will be spoilers. If you have not seen the film and intend to, read no further. Spoilers beyond this point.
I think I may be ready to do it again. I have this strange condition–call it “Dr. Jeckyl & The Pied Piper Syndrome” where I am suddenly struck with a completely off the wall idea combined with a compulsion to … Continue reading
“My name is Flint. Flint Norton. I’m currently clinging to the side of building, five stories above a street that is teeming with undead, all clawing at the bricks and driven by mindless hunger to follow me. Moving slowly, I … Continue reading
This is a subject that I have touched on in this blog before, but I’d like to specifically discuss it in terms of the 21st Century Thrilling Adventure project. I consider the Exotic an indispensable element of the kind of stories … Continue reading
Lately I have been seeing some discussion regarding the subject of Genre that has grown acrimonious, with people whom I like and admire on various sides of the question. I’m not going to link to any of the posts because … Continue reading
I ramble about Old Buildings, New Wave, Borrowed Concepts, and Blue Movies on the Castalia House blog.
So… I have been very hesitant to come out and say in so many words, “I am working on a new book” because I have had so many false starts over the past year, but I think I’ve gotten to … Continue reading
I had an epiphany today. I have always mistrusted the concept of genre. It has seemed to me to be both a hobble and a crutch. By which I mean that by accepting a specific genre designation an author restricted … Continue reading