The Story So Far
- Lab Day
- Taking Advertising for Winter and 2021!
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- Who is your greatest influence? — Tim Powers. curiouscat.qa/MishaBurnett/p… 3 hours ago
- @Emily30Red It's a John Carpenter film, so it's amazing. imdb.com/title/tt009377… 4 hours ago
- @Emily30Red Prince Of Darkness. 4 hours ago
- @AHelleneAuthor How about Space Colonies require getting, say, 5-10 thousand people to all agree to go together and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- I'm just going to throw this out there. https://t.co/TV7gmmhyD8 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: Photography
I just back from a weekend in Memphis, TN. It was a great trip, beautiful weather, a relaxing drive both ways, good food and some interesting places to see. I don’t usually do this, but I think I’m just going … Continue reading
One of the great things about self-publishing is that we learn by doing. Author Fiona Skye released a novel called Faerie Tales about a year ago, and while she was quite satisfied with the novel itself, she wasn’t entirely happy … Continue reading
Sunday Morning, dark and early, my roommate and I will hit that old dusty trail. It’ll be just like The Road To Bali, only with less Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, and we’re not going to cross any oceans, and … Continue reading
This past week my roommate and I took a little trip. We left St. Louis Saturday morning, early (about 5:30) and drove to Kansas City, got there about noon (we tend to take a lot of stops along the way). … Continue reading
My friend Susan Koenig has just released The Bench, a collection of poetry, short fiction, and original photography. In this collection Koenig ranges from the mundane (the eponymous park bench) to the fantastic (a vampire stand up comic) to the strangely … Continue reading
I realize that for most authors the cover is one of the very last things that you think about, but for some reason it’s important to me to have a working placeholder cover when I write. MzSusanB did this photograph … Continue reading
Okay. First off, Cannibal Hearts first draft–I’m still fiddling with the epilogue, but basically I am ready to start editing. I read through the story, and I am happy with the basic arc, but I noticed a couple of continuity … Continue reading
Interesting weekend. First, I became aware that Amazon also has a venue for submitting screenplays, both to Amazon directly and for shopping out to independent filmmakers. Well, as it happens, I have a screenplay, or, to be technical, half of … Continue reading
Just received my first test run of the new front and back covers from Create Space. I’m not entirely sure that I like reducing the image on the front–it is such a beautiful shot. But it seemed too busy with … Continue reading
I’ve ordered five copies from CreateSpace with the new cover to see how it looks. The new front cover is already on the Kindle edition.