The Story So Far
- Cirsova Ends 2021 in the Black!
- Buy Cirsova!
- Ignore The Puppy
- Meat & Potatoes Fiction
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers
- Pitching a collection of short fiction to a small press
- Submissions are Closed!
- The Paths of Cormanor Reminder, Robert E. Howard Art Chronology, More Julian Hawthorne, and Open Submissions!
- Married… with Adventure!
- Blacktop Wasteland
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @buster_shepard @BrianNiemeier Illinois is just a pale imitation of Missouri. 4 hours ago
- TRAK TRAK TRAK https://t.co/nyqy6zg1Rg 4 hours ago
- @MelonieMac The fact is that many men hate the casual cruelty of "banter" as much as women do, but we know we can't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- @fliceverett youtube.com/watch?v=ZwbEuz… 6 hours ago
- @cirsova @NotJohnDaker @NotJohnDaker just keeps getting more and more awesome. Pretty soon he won't be willing to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
Tag Archives: Worms Of Heaven
The Kickstarter for my latest short fiction collection, Endless Summer, is now live. Now, I’ve gone on record in this blog as saying that I am not a Science Fiction writer. So what does it mean that this collection is … Continue reading
Just for the heck of it, here are some of the Easter eggs I stuck into The Book Of Lost Doors. These are just a few I can come up with off the top of my head, I’m sure there … Continue reading
“Schlock” is one of those things that is easy to recognize, hard to define, and nearly impossible to demonstrate by example without getting into a shouting match. However, let me open with a few observations. First, I do not use … Continue reading
Frank settled down in the Valley, hung his wild years on a nail he drove through his wife’s forehead
“Some things are so small that you don’t notice them. Others are so big you run right into them before you know what they are.” –Samuel Delany, Einstein Intersection Imagine that you and a group of friends have been in … Continue reading
The Book Of Lost Doors is the collective name for my series of four novels, Catskinner’s Book, Cannibal Hearts, The Worms Of Heaven, and Gingerbread Wolves. The four books tell the story of James and … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. And to continue: The Worms Of Heaven Cry out, the scarlet queen’s mislaid! Ensnared by hidden army’s plot Or is this Agony’s charade? Who is the villain and … Continue reading
On June 20th of this year I released Gingerbread Wolves, the fourth novel in my series, The Book Of Lost Doors. Some time after I released it I realized that it was also the last book in the series. I … Continue reading
I think I’m going to take a break from The Book Of Lost Doors for a while. I’m feeling a bit fatigued–I still like the world and the characters, but I’ve realized that coloring inside the lines of that particular … Continue reading
This week, starting today August 6th, through next Thursday, August 13th, all four volumes of my series The Book Of Lost Doors will be on sale for 99 cents each. Please help me spread the word!