The Story So Far
- Florida Man
- You Can Do Anything In A Game (But You Can’t Do That)
- Strange Days Waiting: The stories of Endless Summer
- This is how you run an RPG, people.
- Reminder: Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer — Coming Soon!
- Science Fiction Double Feature
- Womanface. The new blackface?
- New Mailing List Service + 2020/2021 News!
- A Few Words With Venger Satanis
- SFWA is a Terrorist Organization
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @kaijubushi I grew up here https://t.co/Z9wXiWQVLn 8 hours ago
- "He had forged the blade in fear, fear for his lady love and her backbreaking load of nightmares, fear of the day w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- "I wouldn't go back to the old days when magic was a dark art done by robed wizards on lonely hilltops, even if it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- https://t.co/hnyNaTj78A 22 hours ago
- @sathananas Because you're not "doing it right." As you've pointed out elsewhere, the TW idea of being a lesbian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
Tag Archives: Book Of Lost Doors
I ramble about Old Buildings, New Wave, Borrowed Concepts, and Blue Movies on the Castalia House blog.
While I finished what is technically my fourth novel a year ago, more and more I am thinking of The Book Of Lost Doors as one big story in four acts. I didn’t set out for it to be that, … Continue reading
The Book Of Lost Doors is the collective name for my series of four novels, Catskinner’s Book, Cannibal Hearts, The Worms Of Heaven, and Gingerbread Wolves. The four books tell the story of James and … Continue reading
Last summer I published Gingerbread Wolves, the fourth novel in my series The Book Of Lost Doors. After multiple false starts on a fifth novel I realized that it was the final book in that series. I have, quite simply, … Continue reading
I have a question for those of you who have read Cannibal Hearts. Who is the villain of that book? I’d like to get some discussion on that point because I am not sure if what I was trying to … Continue reading
It’s the middle of February and I haven’t begun another novel. I’m okay with that. Writing The Book Of Lost Doors was a lot of work. Looking back at it now, with a little distance, I can see that I … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. In conclusion: Gingerbread Wolves One lovely petal, gone to mud One other, schooled in the murder’s way One man wades knee-deep in blood One thing, not mortal, to … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. And to continue: The Worms Of Heaven Cry out, the scarlet queen’s mislaid! Ensnared by hidden army’s plot Or is this Agony’s charade? Who is the villain and … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. Next up: Cannibal Hearts Three minds, two lovers, of one accord Still strangers, among those stranger still Needs must take up the bone-pale sword Against those whom would … Continue reading