The Story So Far
- The Paths of Cormanor Reminder, Robert E. Howard Art Chronology, More Julian Hawthorne, and Open Submissions!
- Married… with Adventure!
- Blacktop Wasteland
- That Summer’s Evening Long Ago
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers Deadline Extended
- Invitation To A Duet
- Adventure Stories For Young Readers
- Mongoose and Meerkat Audiobook Live!
- Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer Audio Book Out Now!
- Wylding Hall
More Of The Same
What I Write About
What I Also Write About
- 3-D artwork
- All On The Same Page
- Beta Readers
- Book Of Lost Doors
- Cannibal Hearts.
- Catskinner's Book
- character interview
- disaster relief
- Don't do this
- Donald Westlake
- G. K. Chesterton
- Gingerbread Wolves
- Mark Knopfler
- Matt Archer
- M C Escher
- Mental illness
- pulp revival
- Read Tuesday
- science fiction
- Secret Project F
- short story anthology
- streaming television
- Tom Lichtenberg
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- work in progress
- Worms Of Heaven
Virtual Book Signing!
- @TarienCole @cha_neg And the Godfather Part III is a prime example of when you shouldn't extend a franchise. 1 hour ago
- @TarienCole @cha_neg I don't consider The Godfather Part II as a sequel to the first film because it covered events… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @cha_neg Terminator and Alien are my two examples of sequels that worked well. In both cases the sequels told very… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @ExcelPope: I don't know about the rest of you, but this is a guide to how I read TRA arguments on here. https://t.co/iS0tYvbtUl 2 hours ago
- @GPrime85 I find it interesting to contrast it with the response to the AIDS epidemic--which did kill virtually eve… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Tag Archives: Book Of Lost Doors
I ramble about Old Buildings, New Wave, Borrowed Concepts, and Blue Movies on the Castalia House blog.
While I finished what is technically my fourth novel a year ago, more and more I am thinking of The Book Of Lost Doors as one big story in four acts. I didn’t set out for it to be that, … Continue reading
The Book Of Lost Doors is the collective name for my series of four novels, Catskinner’s Book, Cannibal Hearts, The Worms Of Heaven, and Gingerbread Wolves. The four books tell the story of James and … Continue reading
Last summer I published Gingerbread Wolves, the fourth novel in my series The Book Of Lost Doors. After multiple false starts on a fifth novel I realized that it was the final book in that series. I have, quite simply, … Continue reading
I have a question for those of you who have read Cannibal Hearts. Who is the villain of that book? I’d like to get some discussion on that point because I am not sure if what I was trying to … Continue reading
It’s the middle of February and I haven’t begun another novel. I’m okay with that. Writing The Book Of Lost Doors was a lot of work. Looking back at it now, with a little distance, I can see that I … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. In conclusion: Gingerbread Wolves One lovely petal, gone to mud One other, schooled in the murder’s way One man wades knee-deep in blood One thing, not mortal, to … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. And to continue: The Worms Of Heaven Cry out, the scarlet queen’s mislaid! Ensnared by hidden army’s plot Or is this Agony’s charade? Who is the villain and … Continue reading
I have decided to rewrite the blurbs for my novels as sonnets. Next up: Cannibal Hearts Three minds, two lovers, of one accord Still strangers, among those stranger still Needs must take up the bone-pale sword Against those whom would … Continue reading